Careers > Business Development Specialist
Business Development Specialist
Location: Houston, TX
Who We Are
We are a small team of creative, developer, serial entrepreneur types and we want you to join us in saving the world of retail one pop-up shop at a time. Founded in 2017, PopUp Shops is a Houston based tech start-up that acts as a “match.com” between brands and spaces so they can find, vet, and put on pop up shops with one another. Read about us in Retail Wire, Paper City, or Houstonia.
Who You Are
Given we’re a tech start-up, you should be fluent in internet technologies. Managing live chats from the website, communicating with the team via Slack, making edits in WordPress, knowledge on how to prospect via Instagram and social media, and experience with high level CRM management (bonus points for InfusionSoft) are all good indicators that you’re a good fit for the role. You don’t need to be a coder but if your response to HTML is FML, this might not be the job for you.
Due to the nature of our business, you will be calling on brands and entrepreneurs on the reg and the person in this role should think of themself as one too. You should be EXCITED to be getting in on the ground floor of a start-up and know you are paving the way not just for PopUp Shops but for your own respective career.
At the end of the day, this is a sales and client support role and someone who is dynamic, has the ability to get in front of decision makers, and is comfortable presenting in front of people is ultimately the best candidate for the position. We offer a competitive base salary plus commission. It goes without saying this candidate should also be self-motivated, tenacious, competitive, and possess good oral and written skills. You should have a demonstrated track record of success in developing, prioritizing, and managing integrated, multi-channel ROI-oriented communications strategies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO ALL DAY
- Identify, communicate with, and secure brands so they create an account and initial listing on PopUp Shops.
- Identify, communicate with, and secure commercial real estate firms so they list their vacant spaces on PopUp Shops.
- Develop and nurture long-term trust relationships with incumbent brands and spaces already on the website.
- Manage on-boarding of brand and spaces through all aspects of the sales process; market research, prospecting, target client development, cold/warm calling, scheduling meetings, client presentations, gathering requirements, creating value and managing customer expectations while driving results.
- Identify and qualify new brands and spaces by understanding their business and making a compelling case for listing on our website.
- Attend and canvas flea markets, pop up shop markets, trade shows and other weekday/end events to meet new brands to sign up.
- Maintain and update prospect/sign up activity regularly in InfusionSoft.
- Prospect through social media to find new brands to list on the site.
- Travel weekly or bi-weekly (weekends included) to flea markets, farmers markets, large scale popup markets in cities including Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Chicago, and Denver.