Social & Links
530 W. 19th St. Houston TX. 77008
Estimated attendance: 18,000
Exhibitor's Application Deadline
Food Vendor's Application Deadline
Performer's Application Deadline
FIRST SATURDAY ARTS MARKET
11 a.m. – 6 p.m. 1st Saturdays, September – May
6 – 10 p.m. June, July, and August
In August, e participate in White Linen Night in the Heights, and can be found on the 200-300 block of W. 19th Street.
First Saturday Arts Market is a monthly outdoor fine arts event featuring the works of dozens of visual artists. Located in the Historic Houston Heights currently at 530 W. 19th St. at Lawrence St. The market showcases paintings, sculpture, photography, jewelry, and handcrafted items. The entire family is welcome to come and enjoy the great outdoors, live music and delicious fare from some of the area’s best gourmet food trucks.
Open year-round on the first Saturday of each month, the market is open from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. September through May and 6-10 p.m. June through August. For more information visit us at www.FirstSaturdayArtsMarket.com or call 713-802-1213.
Open year-round on the first Saturday of each month
Sept – May, hours 11 am to 6 pm
June – Aug, hours 6 pm to 10 pm
Check Website when the market falls on holidays
* Rain date is the 3rd Saturday
Founded in March 2004 by artist Mitch Cohen.
Mission: To provide an outlet for area artists to showcase their work on a monthly basis in an art festival atmosphere.
Average artists attending: 50
Number of booth spaces: 40 + (depends on season)
Musicians are chosen to perform based on originality.
All art is original by the artist presenting.
Other regular vendors include chef-driven food trucks, beer, wine, and area nonprofits.
The “gallery” tent occasionally features one guest artist- free.
The artists help curate new artists into the market with a blind jury system.
All artists attending are posted on the website one week before the market and archived by the month.
THIS IS A CURATED FINE ART MARKET
First Saturday Arts Market is an established monthly outdoor art market with a focus on the fine arts. The market has a strong buying audience and for many years the artists have juried new applicants. We accept all art mediums and only art. Experience at outdoor shows is encouraged.
These things you will need at our markets, not necessarily for applying.
- TENT – 10 x 10 max and we prefer white.
- WEIGHTS: for your tent. 30 – 40 pounds per leg is ideal. Buy them online at Amazon or Walmart (and pick them up at your local store.)
- TAX ID: Texas Sales and Use Tax Permit (click here to obtain)
- Booth fee is $85.00
- Photos of completed art – (as you would display it for sale too)
- 1 – 2 process shots, example, work in progress, studio or workspace.
- Booth image – to show your display.
- Proof of State of Texas Sales Tax Permit
- Be thorough in your description of work. This is your chance to sell us what makes you different/better than the other applicants.
- Take clear, easy to view photos of your work. Photos of individual items are better than the group. Don’t include yourself in the photos.
- A booth photo is required. We are looking for how you set up your booth at other markets/festivals. We’re looking for professionalism.
- Photographers: Include images of work as it will be displayed for sale.
- Jewelers: 50% of your components must be made by you or repurposed/configured in some way.
- We want original works – therefore …
- No trending or fad art – if you learned how to paint via YouTube or the like, this market is probably not for you.
- Absolutely NO reproductions or inclusions of trademarked, copyrighted material,
- NO famous people or icons, including celebrities past and present,
- NO sports team logos or derivative work are allowed as an example or for sale.
- Items must be made by the seller with an emphasis on materials. Manufactured, representative, resell or direct sales companies are not permitted.
- Never apply again.
- An acceptance letter is sent to you with payment details & important dates etc.
- All markets are first pay, first in.
DAY OF INFO
Please Note: Contact information can be viewed by logged in users only.
Setup/Load-In Info (time, details,...)***
Space, Equipment and Facilities Info***
Breakdown Info (time, details, ...)***