Social & Links
Ellington Airport Houston, 11603 Aerospace Boulevard, TX 77034
Estimated attendance: 90,000
Art & Craft Exhibitor Application
Food Vendor Application
The CAF Wings Over Houston Airshow is an IRC 501(c)(3) community event presented by the volunteer efforts of the Houston Wing, Gulf Coast Wing, and Tora! Tora! Tora! of the Commemorative Air Force, with support from the Lone Star Flight Museum, Collings Foundation-Houston based at Ellington Airport, and the Vietnam War Flight Museum. One of the top air shows in the United States, this premier Houston event is dedicated to showcasing vintage World War II aircraft, along with the thrills of modern aviation, and has supported a variety of local and national charities during its 35-year history.
The Wings Over Houston Airshow is a production of the Commemorative Air Force, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. It is one of the largest civic events in Metropolitan Houston.
The Wings Over Houston Airshow proceeds are used to sponsor the Wings Over Houston Scholarship Program for college students studying for careers in aviation, Aviation Career Education (ACE) Summer Academy for high school juniors and seniors interested in aviation, Commemorative Air Force aircraft restoration, and flying historical programs, Exchange Club of Sugar Land, Rotary Club, and many other area non-profit groups.
The annual Airshow is held at the City of Houston’s Ellington Airport in south Houston. The large air and ground space allows for thrilling flying and ground displays. Held on a Saturday and Sunday in late Fall, the Airshow attracts 90,000 fans who come to the all-day event to see a wide variety of displays.
Additionally, on the Friday preceding the Airshow weekend is our annual invitation-only “SPECIAL SHOW” for physically challenged guests. The Special Show is a smaller version of our annual flying with all the same thrills and thunder but without the crowds.
Visit our website at www.wingsoverhouston.com for current show performers and schedules.
Examples of our Airshow displays include (changes annually):
• A presentation by a precision flight team such as the USN Blue Angels, USAF Thunderbirds, Canadian Snowbirds, and others.
• Modern military aviation flying demonstrations with fighter jets, massive cargo-lifters, heritage flights, and helicopter rescues complete with pyrotechnics!
• Vintage warbird flying demonstrations with WWII, Korean, and Viet Nam era aircraft performing battle and attack simulations (with pyrotechnics!) and aerial pass-in-review parades to showcase these wonderfully preserved aircraft.
• World-class aerobatic demonstrations by a variety of internationally known and champion aerobatic performers.
• Ground displays by history re-enactors with their vintage vehicles, tanks, uniforms, and weapons; modern jet-cars racing down the runways at speeds up to 600mph; radio-controlled model aircraft; and parachute jump teams.
• Legends and Heroes Autograph tent where you can meet and chat with heroes from past military service and current flying legends.
• A full range of festival displays of modern and vintage aircraft that you can walk through and talk to the crews. We also feature numerous vendors with aviation-related merchandise as well as a full range of food and drink concessions.
OTHER EVENT INFORMATION
Please be sure and check our Frequently Asked Questions Page to see if your question may already have been answered.
For ticket information, please visit our Tickets Page, or call 713-266-4492.
For general information, please use the form below, or call 713-266-4492.
DAY OF INFO
Please Note: Contact information can be viewed by logged in users only.
Setup/Load-In Info (time, details,...)***
Space, Equipment and Facilities Info***
Breakdown Info (time, details, ...)***